Monday, February 27

been interesting

Well its been interesting around here for the last 7 days
last Sunday we were on our way to a 1yr olds birthday party
( my cousins baby's) this in its self it not exactly thrilling to us but hey - at least the cakes and slices are good value

now I'll skip forward to midnight Monday
where I started getting nauseous
which in it self isn't unusual- usually just means I'm tired or have been doing too much- and I have been moving around furniture and lugging boxes all over the place
by 2am I was still feeling bad and infact worse
I gave up trying to sit up through it at about 3am
by 3:30 I was glued to the toilet bowl
at which point mark had woken up
and now he was feeling queasy
I'll skip the major details and just say between 3am and 1pm the next day the toilet was my best friend-
so we assumed Monday nights dinner gave us food poisoning makes sense as mum and dad weren't sick just us- we basically didn't eat for the next 3 days and then a few days later we hear from my aunt that out of the 40 or so people there at the party everyone except my mum dad and aunt were sick very sick just like us
great so it was either viral or communal food poisoning
the next day we learnt that one of the mothers had said " oh yes there is this bug thing going around my kids preschool but it doesn't seem to be affecting the children just the adults that's why I came cause the kids wouldn't get sick "
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhh! That is all I will say besides the fact I'm contemplating suing her for her stupidity!
Mark's pay would have been about $1000 gross for those 4 days..... hmmmm good idea! I wonder if that would stand up in court as "grievous bodily harm- negligence" or "depraved indifference" or I wonder if they have a category called "stupidity"

LOL we're still a bit touchy with food around here but otherwise moderately ok

the loungeroom looks like a bomb site with the several boxes worth of unpacking all over it being sorted so I guess I'm off to deal with that
and move some more furniture around to clear some space
mmmm
*fun*
:oP
see ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger busyizzie said...

Oh it sounds horrible, please do NOT pass that one to anyone! I cannot get that. I'm sorry that some people don't have enough sense to consider germs or how contageous someone can be and how it may affect everyone else. Glad you are feeling better.

Sat Mar 04, 11:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

all content, photographs, artwork and unique terminology the intellectual property of "jorgette" please do not use or distribute without the creator's permition